Insider Podcast: Speed Cushions Program
Sep 19th, 2021 by cityofmurfreesborotn
Effectively slowing down traffic in pedestrian-sensitive areas is a growing concern of some Murfreesboro neighborhoods. City Engineer Michele Emerson discusses the Speed Cushion Pilot Program on the latest edition of “The Insider.” Emerson was named City Engineer in July after serving four years in the Engineering Division, including Assistant City Engineer and Project Engineer.
This edition of Insider features:
• An update on the status of the Speed Cushion Pilot Program on Alexander Blvd.
• The cost of Speed Cushions and how it is funded by the City
• Traffic Calming devices under the City Design Guidelines
• How roadways are considered for Traffic Calming
• The number of requests for Speed Cushions
• The next step in the Speed Cushion analysis including a presentation before the City Council